Thursday, June 21, 2012

Peach Cobbler Muffins

I have a lot of jars of canned peaches and was in the mood to experiment.  We love muffins so I wanted to combine the two.  I found a few recipes online but ended up making my own.  They are so moist and yummy.  In the future, I might experiment and use applesauce instead of so much butter and use some wheat flour.  But for now, these are so yummy how they are.  They taste just like Peach Cobbler in a muffin!


Peach Cobbler Muffins
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix together in a large bowl.  Then, in a smaller bowl, beat together the following:
3 eggs
3/4 cup softened butter
1 3/4 cups sugar

Gently add egg mixture to flour until combined with a wooden spoon.  Fold in:
2 cups peaches, chopped up (with juice)

Place in greased muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 18-20 muffins

No comments :