Friday, August 26, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

My dear, dear friend Mary gave me this recipe for pumpkin pancakes back in West Virginia. I thought it fit to post since fall is quickly approaching and I LOVE anything pumpkin in the fall. Well, I love anything pumpkin any time of the year, but especially in the fall. And these are pretty healthy, too, minus the chocolate chips. But so yummy!!! And it makes a HUGE batch, so half for a smaller family or just keep 'em for leftovers!! Keep in mind this is a recipe for 1 can of pumpkin.

4 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups milk
6 eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
chocolate chips, or anything else you want to add (craisins, raisins, nuts, white chocolate chips, etc)
Whisk everything together except the chocolate chips and then fold them in. Cook on a medium high, buttered griddle and serve with syrup. I have a great cinnamon syrup that is great with these

No comments :