Friday, August 26, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken

I honestly have never heard of Poppyseed Chicken until our friends made it for us in the middle of our move. It was SOOOO yummy! I have made it often ever since. Most of the recipes out there are about the same but here's the recipe I have. It's incredibly easy and my kids love it!! And that's important ;)

POPPYSEED CHICKEN
6 chicken breasts (you can get away with 3 or 4 but I like a lot of chicken in mine)
2 cans cream of chicken
2 cups sour cream (I use light)
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 rolls Ritz crackers, crushed
2 tbsp poppyseeds
Boil and cube the chicken breasts and place in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Combine cream of chicken and sour cream over stove top in a pan. Pour over chicken. Melt butter and combine with crackers and poppyseeds. Sprinkle on top and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with rice or over mashed potatoes or with quinoa.

No comments :