Friday, February 1, 2008

Famous

I like to pretend that my food is famous, or in turn, I am famous. Well, I'm really not but these have had some really great reviews. I won't lie to ya, they ain't the easiest things to make, but what cinnamon rolls are? Just make sure you let me know how you like 'em, alright? Just so you know, this recipe makes a pretty big batch of rolls.

The Best Cinnamon Rolls
5 cups hot water
3/4 oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup nonfat dry milk
3/4 cup instant potato flakes or pearls (NOT prepared)
3 tsp salt
2 heaping tbsp yeast
2 eggs
9-10 cups flour
Mix first 6 ingredients together. Add 6 cups flour and beat well until stretchy and very elastic (I use my Bosch). Add eggs and beat well. Add yeast. Ad the rest of the flour (3-4 cups) to make soft dough. Turn onto well floured counter (it will be pretty runny), turn to coat all sides, and place in greased bowl. It'll be very, very soft. Cover with hot damp cloth and let rise until double. Remove and divide in half; roll out 1/2 at a time into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Roll in jellyroll style. Slice to make pinwheels (I use fishing line or dental floss) and place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with other dough. Let rise until slightly doubled. Bake 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees. Frost while hot.
Frosting:
1 stick butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Mix and spread.

No comments :