Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kim's Chili

Here's a recipe I actually made up all by myself (shocking, I know). Try it and see for yourself, just don't forget to rate it at the bottom of the post!




Kim's Chili
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup onions if desired
1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (I puree it in the blender)
1 can kidney beans (drained just a bit)
1 can pinto beans (drained just a bit)
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2-6 oz can tomato paste
2 tsp chili powder
2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
pinch of sugar
OK, I'm going off of memory here but I think that's right. Brown onions and then add meat. Add sauces and beans and rest of ingredients. Allow to simmer for as long as you want. We love to add rice, cheese and Frito's to make Frito Pie.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Good job on adding the comments. :) I'm done adding recipes for now. Ive got my whole cookbook in there. It took some time, but now I can get to any of them online. YAY!