Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Texas Roadhouse Rolls

I think this is one of the biggest reasons I even go to Texas Roadhouse. I LOVE their rolls. Wow, they are to die for! The last time I went to Texas Roadhouse, I saw a lady in the front making the rolls and I asked her if she could give me the recipe. She smiled and said no, of course. I came across this recipe just last week from this website and have tried it out twice. It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I even made them square. There's also a recipe for cinnamon honey butter similar to the butter you get at TRH. Now I don't have to go to Texas Roadhouse just for their rolls;) I can have 'em at home! Enjoy!

Texas Roadhouse Rolls
adapted from: www.eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com
2 c. milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
3 Tbl. of melted butter, slightly cooled
4 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. sugar
2 quarts all purpose flour (7-8 cups)
2 whole eggs
2 tsp. salt
Scald milk in a microwavable bowl for 2 minutes in the microwave. Add butter and cook for 2 more minutes. Let cool until warm (not scalding hot).

While that cools, add yeast, warm water and a tsp of sugar to the mixing bowl. I use my Bosch but you can use a kitchen aid or no mixer at all.
Let set until frothy. As soon as the milk is not too hot, add to yeast mixture with the 1/2 cup of sugar. Add about 4 cups of flour and mix in mixer for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and satiny. Let set in bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs and salt and the rest of the flour (I just use a little over 7 cups) until the flour doesn't stick to the sides while mixing. Mix for 4-5 minutes. Place dough in large GREASED bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.

Punch down and roll out on floured surface into a big rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Fold in half and roll ever so slightly just to seal the two halves. With a pizza cutter or dough cutter, cut into rectangles as big as desired. **Keep in mind, they grow quite a bit!

Place on a greased baking sheet until doubled in size and bake at 350 degrees for 10-16 minutes depending on the size of the rolls. Take out when lightly golden on top and brush with butter. Eat with cinnamon honey butter;)

No comments :