Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Guac Lovers

For any of you who love avacados and fresh guacamole like I do, here's a recipe for you.  My friend, Tiffani, brought it to a triple baby shower at my house and I LOVED it!  It's from allrecipes.com.  Perfect for a warm summer day or dip at a BBQ.  ** remember to leave to pits in it to keep it from browning really quickly!

The BEST Guacamole EVER!
3 avacados- peeled and mashed
1 lime, juiced (or just lime juice)
1 tsp salt (I use kosher or sea salt)
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tbsp chopped FRESH cilantro
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

In a medium bowl, mash together avacados.  Add lime juice and salt.  Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes and garlic.  Stir in cayenne pepper.   Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor or serve immediately.

2 comments :

Melanie said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. We made some the other night and I almost ate the whole thing. Yummy!

Kelli said...

Hi Kim! Thanks again for a delicious dinner last night! I found your blog on Amber's blog and I'm excited to try out some of your recipes. I would really like your recipe for Brazilian cheese bread.

If you would like an invite to our blog, you can send me your email address at kelli.manwaring@gmail.com