Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Buttery Dinner Rolls

Well, I have two really great recipes for rolls. One is for yummy crescent rolls. You don't have to have a breadmaker for them. Then there are these rolls. Probably the best rolls I've ever had but you have to have a breadmaker for the dough. My sister, Amy, introduced the recipe to me. They are so incredible easy to make, as long as you have the breadmaker.

Buttery Dinner Rolls
1 1/8 cup warm water
6 Tbsp butter (softened)
1 egg (don't beat)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour (again, no substitutions)
2 Tbsp powdered milk
1/3 cup potato flakes (no potato pearls)
1 1/2 tsp yeast
Put in breadmaker in order with yeast on top so it doesn't touch liquid. Turn on breadmaker to dough cycle. Butter 11X14 pan (or 9X13) and when dough is done, turn out onto counter and butter fingers. Make 20 balls the same size (a little bigger than golf balls). Rise until ready to bake. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. I brush butter on top when I take them out. Take out of pan after a minute or two.

3 comments :

Waldron Family said...

Kim! I am going to definitely check this recipe out! They look so yummy!! It makes my mouth water just looking at the picture. So, I haven't ever used bread flour...it really makes a difference? I will have to ask you more about that. Thanks for the recipe.

Team Laws said...

My wife has a french bread recipe that'll rock your world!
teamlaws@peoplepc.com

I am doing a project in response to Pres HB Eyring's talk in Oct 07 General Conf. I invite you to participate!
(instructions "a participate link")
http://comingtochrist.blogspot.com/
Thanks
PD Laws
Pensacola, FL

Angela said...

I found your blog from Ambers when they talked about the steak rub from Jon so I came here to see the recipe. I tried these rolls today. WOW they were so yummy, thanks!