Saturday, December 1, 2007

Crepes

So, my sister came for Thanksgiving this year. I have NEVER in my life had the desire to make crepes but finally did. I decided to try out my new Pampered Chef 8" Saute Pan from the Executive Collection. Oh, wow. It specifically tells you NOT to use any oils or sprays and boy do they mean it. I literally poured the batter in and rolled it around to cover the entire bottom of the pan. It slid right out of the pan when it was done. We made this recipe and it was absolutely delicious:

Crepes
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
Sift flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk with a mixer. Beat in flour and then add butter and vanilla. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan (unless using the saute pan) over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup (depending on the size of your pan). Tip and rotate pan to spread as thin as possible. Brown both sides. This is what we put inside:
crushed strawberries, from frozen
Topping:
1/2 tub cool whip
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 oz. cream cheese

1 comment :

kira said...

i swear...every time you post something I'm going to start craving it! I love crepes. mmm.